Most of the time, camping is about leaving the top of the comforts and facilities of home behind. But how could you miss out on a fresh shower after a tiring day? It is so good to have the ability to wash away the day’s dirt, and fatigue especially when it is warmer, summer days. No trouble at all with ample solutions the market is packed with. Let’s find out the easy-to-operate, transportable best camping showers that fit your pocket.
- Coleman Shower Camp
- Sea to Summit Pocket Shower
- Outdoor Hygiene Shower Camp
- Stearns Sunshower 4.0
- RinseKit Portable Shower
- Camp Chef Portable Water Heater Shower
- Nemo Equipment Helio LX Pressure Shower
- Reliance Products Pressurized Shower
- Geyser Systems Heated Portable Shower
- Ozark Trail Instant Shower Tent
- OVS Wildland Camping Shower Tent
- Advanced Elements Summer Shower/Solar Shower
- Ivation Portable Camping Shower
- Mr. Heater F235350 Boss-XCW20 Basecamp Battery Operated Shower System
- Simple Shower Portable Camping Shower
From hundreds of options in the market, we bring the 15 best camping showers here. But before you invest, think about,
- Types of best camping showers
- The power source
- The capacity of the water tank
So, are you ready to add the best camping showers to your traveling pack? Go through the market’s best!
Coleman Shower Camp
This is a small and durable camp shower that is really worth its price. Holding up to 5 gallons of water it stands through multiple showers with a single bag. Thanks to the solar energy system, it is marked as an eco-friendly option with a material of the finest heat-locking capacity.
Coleman Shower Camp is a great example in the bag camp shower category being handy in size and works well for light packers. As it works so well, you only need to use the sturdy handle when using and hang it around. Considering its overall profile, it is considered one of the best for your budget.
- Capacity of 5 gallons / 19L
- Price: $15
- Highly budget-friendly option
- Easy to pack and light to carry when no water contained
- Eco friendly with solar energy
- Compared to some other options, energy source is not so effective
Sea to Summit Pocket Shower
This is a perfect fit for your pocket which is with polyurethane-coated nylon in the exterior. The high durability of the product is proven with offered qualities of waterproof and lead-proof.
The bag can absorb the high heat from the sub with its black color. And by filling it with hot water, the same temperature can be expected. Sea to Summit Pocket Shower does not come with a full horse. Instead, it features a shower nozzle at the foot. You can simply twist the showerhead for its fine water pressure control and its volume can provide about seven minutes of fine showering.
- Capacity: 2.5 gallons / 9.5L
- Price: $35
- Eco friendly option with solar heating
- Finest water pressure control with nozzle at the bottom
- Polyurethane-coated nylon fabric for extra durability
- Black color bag to absorb more heat
- Can take about seven minutes showering
- Slightly pricier than some other options
Outdoor Hygiene Shower Camp
This is a durable and eco-friendly shower camp that you can trust when outdoors. Outdoor Hygiene Shower Camp brings no health threats and even we do not recommend you to drink water from it. And as it takes about 5 gallons of water, you can take several showers comfortably.
Unlike with other options, you can easily measure the water level thanks to its see-through build. And the temperatures can be measured with the attached thermometer. Also, the water flow controlling is easy with the switch to on/off in the showerhead. The only downside is the small zip ties attached to the horse which is not highly durable compared to the overall product.
- Capacity: 5 gallons / 19L
- Price: $16
- Eco friendly product with solar power heating
- Upgraded showerhead
- Fine capacity to get multiple showers
- Durable and more portable
- Attached a thermometer
- See-through exterior to see the water level easily
Stearns Sunshower 4.0
Holding up to 4 gallons of water Stearns Sunshower 4.0 offers multiple showers when camping. As this is an eco-friendly solar heating shower, it gets heated by solar power. And this is truly why it is named sun shower.
You can easily carry this Stearns Sunshower 4.0 thanks to its hole in the middle underneath while strengthened on either side. And with its strong handle on the top, it works even better. For more convenience, it comes with a built-in thermometer to see water temperature, and a head shower connected on/off valve. But make sure you take enough care of the hose as it can get disconnected from the main shower bag easily. Other than that, this is a perfect option to take when camping worth money.
- Capacity: 4 gallons / 15L
- Price: $18.97
- Hold 4 gallons of water for multiple showers
- Solar heating camping shower
- Strong handle for easy hanging and carrying
- Properly working on/off valve with shower head
- Easy temperature check with built-in thermometer
- The hose can easily get disconnected from the shower bag
RinseKit Portable Shower
If you are looking for a more pressurized water flow for more comfortable showers even when camping, you need to think about adding RinseKit Portable Shower to the list. This is an expensive option in the best camping showers functioning with battery power.
This gives access to fill up hot or cold water easier and its pressurized water system is a plus. But some reports the pressure is not enough and does not support the entire 2 gallons capacity of water. Conveniently, it comes with a 6′ hose together with a spray nozzle that is changeable, a hose bib adapter, and a container.
- Capacity: 2 gallons / 7.6L
- Price: $299.00
- Pressurized shower for up to three minutes
- Can quickly fill up with cold or hot water
- Spray nozzle with different settings including jet stream to soaking shower
- Easy to remove lid, strong handle to easily carry
- Long enough 6’ hose
- A pricier option in the list
Camp Chef Portable Water Heater Shower
If you are looking for a camping shower that can hang or stand anywhere a connection to water is available, this is the best portable mini water heater you can have. It features two valves in the bottom of the machine through which the pressure is controlled. This can connect easily with a camp hook up or with a garden hose.
The setup here includes a hose and a showerhead with 4 different water flow options. Camp Chef Triton Water Heater shower capable of producing more hot water per minute compared with others. In fact, it produces 1.5 gallons of hot water every single minute with around 11 hours of use. You can use this item for many instances but not working in the backcountry. In fact, it needs water hook-up to function.
- Capacity: 2.2 gallons / 8.3L
- Price: $290.04
- Offers 4 different water flow settings in the shower head including off, mist, jet and shower
- Mini water heater to hang or stand
- Proper control of temperature and water pressure
- Included an eight feet of shower hose for enough reach
- Best for use at beach, washing your pets or to use outside a pool
- Not working for backcountry use as it needs a garden hose/ camp hook up
Nemo Equipment Helio LX Pressure Shower
This high-quality Helio LX portable pressurized shower can be placed on the ground yet providing sufficient pressure, unlike gravity camping showers which you have to hang overhead to get proper pressure flow. Check the gasket at the top to fit well as it can be finicky and could interrupt the pressure build.
The storage bag of this collapsible tank is strong and can pack down small to easily carry. And to make it absorb the highest solar energy, its exterior is black which pro is if not in a plan to fill it up with hot water. This features a larger opening at the top to easily wash it and fill it with water. For enough reach, it features a 7’ neoprene hose which is highly durable.
- Capacity: 5.8 gallons / 22L
- Price: $149.95
- Eco-friendly with solar heating
- Pressurized shower even rests on the ground
- Collapsible tank with a large opening
- Can keep pressurized for 7-10 minutes for strong, continuous water spray
- Small pack size and easy to carry
- Long enough 7-foot neoprene hose
Reliance Products Pressurized Shower
If you are more into pressure overheating, Reliance Products Pressurized Shower is a great pick. Thanks to the pump handle on the top, you can easily increase the pressure. This comes in a simple and easy design prioritizing the user’s comfort. It features a 6-foot kink-free hose with enough reach, a neoprene sleeve, and showerhead together with a fitting carry strap.
You can easily fill up the BPA-free container and it is effortless to use. And with twenty pumps of the pump handle, you can enjoy a continuous spray for up to 2-3 minutes. So pump more for more pressure. But with the weight of 3.8lbs and size of 9.1” x 9.1” x 17.2,” it does not work for backpackers. So if you are into car camping or multiple adventures in a day, this will work for you.
- Capacity: 2 gallons / 7.6L
- Price: $49.00
- Washable neoprene sleeve to protect the shower
- Easy transport with the smart carrying strap
- Pump handle on the top to get pressurized water spray
- Comes with a 6 foot kink resistant hose
- Simple design and easy to set-up
- Does not heat water
Geyser Systems Heated Portable Shower
Geyser Systems Heated Portable Shower is with a built-in heating system in support of your car plug or supports to a battery (not included). The power cord is long enough, which is 16′. Thanks to the advanced technology it uses you do not need extra pressurization.
For the best part, you can even use the shower without the heater. Just add 1 liter of boiling water to 2 liters of normal water and it will get ready in five minutes for a warm shower. And different from others, the end of the hose comes with a scrub sponge instead of a showerhead which is replaceable too. This camping shower features an LED dashboard telling you exactly when water is hot enough. And there is a level sensor to let you know when it gets lower.
- Capacity: 0.8 gallons / 3L
- Price: $259.95
- Battery heating system (plug into car or battery)
- Advanced pump structure for even pressurization
- Built-in heating system and automatically turns off when it is 95°F
- Water level sensor
- LED dashboard to know when the water is hot enough
- Replaceable scrub sponge
- 16 ft. long power cord
- Compared to others, very small water capacity
Ozark Trail Instant Shower Tent
This is a quite different shower option on the list for those who are looking for a home-like shower even when camping. In fact, this is a tent that you have to build up just like you do with your usual tent. Ozark Trail Instant Shower Tent is slimmer and taller taking two rooms as one for shower and one for changing. The “D” shaped doors with durable zippers are large enough for entry and exit and additionally, it has two windows for good ventilation.
You will find a camp shower with a black bag and a hose from the bottom with this tent. This is a gravity pressurized system that you have to hang inside for sufficient pressure to wash off. And if you want warm water, you can keep it in direct sunlight to absorb heat to give water warm enough. For added convenience, this comes with mesh bags to put your shower materials or even your towel and also a rainfly to keep the interior protected.
- Capacity: 2 gallons / 7.6L
- Price: $210.00
- Eco-friendly solar heating camping shower
- Nicely designed camping tent with 2 rooms
- Easy to set up and very functional
- Make changing and showering easy with separate rooms
- Black solar heating bag with gravity pressurized system
- 2 windows and 2 doors included; one internal door and one external
- Comes with mesh bags, rainfly, and sewn-in-floor
- Quite heavy to carry but worth its price
OVS Wildland Camping Shower Tent
If you are looking for a full shower experience like home, OVS Wildland Camping Shower Tent is a good option you can try. Especially if you are on a large adventurous experience, this works well. Even though it is a tent; the setup is uncomplicated thanks to the paracord and stake system. This 800mm coated PU tent can be used as a portable shower room or even as a changing room.
This privacy shower room supported a solar shower bag with 2 gallons of water, large mesh pockets to hold your stuff, and an attached towel strap to hold clothes and towels. You can hang the black water bag on the top to get pressurized water for a comfortable shower.
- Capacity: 2 gallons / 7.6L
- Price: $180.00
- Eco-friendly solar heating
- Strong builds with paracord and stakes
- Can use for high privacy showers, as a changing room, or portable bathroom
- Set up is extremely easy
- Can clip the floor up or down inside
- Included an attached towel strap, and pockets to keep soap/ shampoo and stuff
- Black shower bag to easily heat from solar power
- Large system not working for minimalist campers
Advanced Elements Summer Shower/Solar Shower
For the finest heat retention and performance, this 4-layer constructed Advanced Elements Summer Shower comes with a perfect gravity-powered portable shower. It is easy to use and with fine size, it can easily carry where you camp. For convenience, it features a large handle grip to transport easily, a large-filling valve with a twist-off lid, and also with an on/off shower nozzle for easy use.
For its affordable price, this is a great pick that has many useful features to make camping showers perfect. You can find velcro straps in the kit to hold your towel, while the convenient pocket can hold your soap, shampoo, or any while you are having a shower. So with all these, you can have comfortable showers with its water capacity for a reasonable price too.
- Capacity: 3 gallons / 11.4L
- Price: $25.00
- Heat water faster in exposed to sun
- Has a water temperature gauge
- High quality with durable 4-layer build
- Easy to carry with wide handle grip
- Large enough filling valve with fitting twist off cap
- Features a velcro straps to hang down the towel
- Useful pouch for toiletries
Ivation Portable Camping Shower
This easy handheld device can turn a bucket of water into an instant stream giving you the chance for a gentle, steady shower experience. This is a convenient addition to your camping gear list which can simply turn a bucket, similar to an instant stream to shower in style when camping. And its active built-in filtration feature is one main way to feel more comfortable with it.
Ivation Portable Camping Shower is a battery-operated shower head that comes with a hose. You can use this in its handheld nozzle, by attaching it to a flat surface through a suction cup, or even by hanging it anywhere by using the S-hook included. This works well in multiple situations being a highly versatile outdoor shower. And this can charge easily with your car adapter or even your laptop for about an hour to continuous usage.
- No set water capacity
- Price: $35
- Handheld shower to transform any bucket of water into an instant shower stream
- Can use in three ways
- Comes with active built-in filtration for added convenience
- Can be used in multiple situations
- The system with a rechargeable battery
- Highly compact and portable to take wherever you go
Mr. Heater F235350 Boss-XCW20 Basecamp Battery Operated Shower System
This packs a gigantic amount of functionality even if Mr. Heater F235350 Boss-XCW20 Basecamp Battery Operated Shower System does not fit with those who pack light. But if you are a passionate camper, this will be a great investment for a luxurious showerhead even when camping. You find this a stainless steel shower system powered by a D-cell battery pump offering a runtime of about 40 minutes. And with the propane cylinder, will heat up the water instantly for a comfortable shower time. The shower’s 18,000 BTU per hour can raise water temperatures by 42°F. And thanks to its stainless-steel faucet it is useful in washing your dishes and also helping out with making hot beverages.
This UL/ CSA certified shower system is a handy option that includes an easy-connect shower head and the pump assembly, a carry bag together with ac and dc adaptors in the kit. And thanks to electronic ignition and a scald shield it does not run too hot.
- Flow rate – 0.66 – 1.18 Gallons per minute
- Price: $353.00
- Provides a great water pressure
- Heat exchange drain plugs making it best for cold weather camping
- System operates on a D-cell battery pump
- 18,000 BTU per hour
- Can reach water temperatures by 42°F
- UL/ CSA certified shower system
- Could not find off switch on the shower head
Simple Shower Portable Camping Shower
If you are looking for a simple one among the best camping showers to get the job done, Simple Shower Portable Camping Shower will be working for you. This is one of the lowest-priced options on the list to turn 1 or 2-liter bottles into a portable shower instantly. It is lightweight and small in size making no trouble with over-weighs.
The use of this simple and portable shower is easy. Just attach the spout onto a filled water bottle and turn it on the other side to give gravity the chance to take over. This will create a stream of water with fine pressure. And if you want warm water, leave it exposed to the sun to heat up quickly.
- Compatible with 1 or 2-liter bottles (bottles are not included)
- Price: $15.00
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Quality product from the USA (made from recycled materials)
- Super easy to pack and use
- Can use with platypus collapsible bottles and bladders
- Perfect for quick showers
- Can keep in exposed to sun for warm water
Buyer’s Guide for the best camping showers
To stay clean and comfortable while adventuring, you need to know about the best camping showers. But every camper will not fit with every camping shower on the list. To help you out with finding the best, we help through the following facts.
Types of best camping showers
We find 3 main camping shower types to invest in depending on your camping style. In brief, they are bag showers, shower tents, and shower systems. The list of the best camping showers includes all of these three categories. So find the perfect fit for your outdoor needs.
Bag shower/ pocket shower: If you are a light packer or in the other way called a minimalist camper, this is the perfect option for you for a comfortable shower. As the name itself sounds, they are simply bags that you can fill with water taking about 2 to 5 gallons. These are good for easy packability and these are gravity pressurized with an attached hose and nozzle to the bag. Most commonly they use solar energy to heat water in the bag and the on/off switches in the nozzle bring control to the water flow
Shower tents: For those who are looking for extra privacy and deluxe, this is the category to fit on. These are actually tents coming with shower bags hung on top of the tents inside. Some shower tents come with multiple rooms to use for changing and shower separately. But due to its heavy presence, it will work only for certain camping categories
Shower system: In this category, you find a complete functioning shower kit included with a tank, hose, pump, and heater most of the time. These are not to function all alone as they need a separate power source or water input. Therefore, this will work only for those who have the facilities to make them function
Types of power source
Solar power: To heat up a bag or pocket camping shower, solar power is used and it can only be used when it is sunny. To absorb maximum heat, we find these bags are made in black
Battery: If your shower system uses batteries to function you should be ready with the energy source to power up the pump. There are some models you can run with the car battery while some work with a deep cycle battery. And there are also some others running with specific lithium batteries
Propane: Tanks filled with propane are also a source of energy for some that are at least portable. But these are good for heat water and control the pressure
Capacity of the water tanks
Different camping showers support different water capacities. Usually, with 2 to 6 gallons of water, it is in the right manageability but those are over are considered slightly heavy. There are also less than 2 gallons built-in focus to portability. But with limited shower time, these are disadvantageous.
Did you know; a typical American uses about 15.8 gallons of water per shower? On that, we could not expect a normal shower like at home from a portable camping shower. Most probably you can get about 10-15 minutes from several gallons here.
Hose length and Showerhead
From product to product, the hose length will vary and there are some models that come with no hose. The best example is Sea to Summit Pocket Shower which is with minimalistic bottom nozzle only.
The place of the bag to which the hose or the nozzle set is the weakest and that is the point water flow is controlled in some products.
In shower bags, you will find only one nozzle. But with shower systems, you will get a choice in nozzles also with different spray options.
Durability of the best camping showers
As you are going to take these showers outdoors, you have to consider durability as a top priority. Therefore, think about strong gaskets between the top cap and the nozzle also considering the exterior material. It will be good if it is made of nylon and coated with polyurethane as high weather resistance and to increase durability.
Water level and temperature sensors
If you can clearly see the water level of the bag, you can prevent overfilling and stop water wastage. And even when using, you can see when it is half over or near the end. There are some products like Outdoor Hygiene Shower Camp which have a see-through side to notice different levels easily.
The temperature sensor is another worthy addition to camping showers to prevent them from getting dangerously hot. Especially in some climatic conditions, a temperature sensor is much more useful. Luckily, most of the simple shower bag designs to come with built-in thermometers for more convenience which helps to increase the awareness of the heat for user protection.
What is your pick from the best camping showers on the list?