Hammocking is a great way to sleep in the wilds, open-air as long as you are protected from bugs. If your hammock isn’t supported with a built-in bug net, you must definitely look for the best hammock bug nets in your next camping plan. So be ready to spend some relaxing time and get quality sleep under the stars with the right protection for you from mosquitoes and other insects.
The market is full of options when you search for the best hammock bug nets. Making your shopping process easier and giving the right place to start, we here roundup 11 best hammock bug nets for you considering the best coverage, design and zipper location, durability, and overall value.
- Wise Owl Outfitters Snugnet Bug Net
- Kammok Dragonfly Hammock Bug Net
- ENO Guardian Bug Net
- Eagles Nest Outfitters Guardian SL Bug Net
- Klymit Traverse Bug Net
- Therm-a-Rest Slacker Hammock Bug Shelter
- Eagles Nest Outfitters Guardian Base Camp
- Outdoor Vitals Ultralight Hammock Bug Net
- Sea To Summit Hammock Bug Net
- Foxelli XL Hammock Net
- Cushy Camper Hammock Bug Net
To secure your outdoor sleeping, you must shop for the best hammock bug nets. Go and see what can work for you the best.
Wise Owl Outfitters Snugnet Bug Net
This is a great value pick in our list which is compatible with any hammock model available today in the market. Wise Owl Outfitters Snugnet Bug Net is a spacious and diagonal lay hammock bug net that is comfortable and provides enough headroom. And even with the net, you can enjoy your view to the fullest.
The net has a durable double-sided zipper that can unzip from inside or outside. And as it is lightweight and easy to cinch with any hammock, it works well with any camper. So pack small this USA-designed quality hammock bug net to the great outdoors.
- Price: $37.95
- Breathable, roomy and diagonal lay bug net
- Good value for its price
- Comes with enough head room
- Best double-sided zipper to unzip inside or outside
- Compatible with any size hammock
- Extremely lightweight and it packs small
- Available in different color options
- Comes with Waterproof ripstop carrying bag
Kammok Dragonfly Hammock Bug Net
With 360 degrees complete protection, Kammok Dragonfly Hammock Bug Net comes on the list as a perfect option to spend some quality time in a hammock while enjoying the cool breeze and the beauty around. You can set it up with no knots to secure and it will only take easy minutes.
It features Cavernous interior space which is spacious enough for headroom. This comes with light loops at its top and this is specially designed for the Kammok Roo Double hammock that is sold separately. Not only that; but it also works with any hammock featuring similar sizes. So shop this if your hammock is no longer than 10 feet. And thanks to Kammok’s lifetime warranty, you can use it with confidence whenever you camp.
- Price: $79.00
- 360° protection from insects and mosquitos
- Easy to set up with no knots required
- Cavernous interior space providing enough headroom
- Light loops at its top
- Specially designed to Kammok Roo Double hammock
- Fit any hammock no longer than 10 feet
ENO Guardian Bug Net
ENO Guardian Bug Net is a value option that is designed specifically to use with ENO hammocks. But thanks to its flexible design, it can connect with many available hammocks in the market. You can easily set up this bug net and will offer bug-free relaxing times on hammocking.
One of the biggest selling points of this bug net is its netting system. And it features a tree-friendly strap structure placing a slight impact with a simple string and hook used. With no knots required, the setup is easy and quick. It is also easy to carry with the fitted compression stuff sack.
- Price: $59.95
- High build quality with finest netting system
- Spacious interior giving perfect for relaxing
- Great fit with ENO hammocks and more other hammock designs in the market
- Tree-friendly strap design
- Easy to setup with no need of knots
- Packed to compact dimensions to easily carry
- Value option for price
Eagles Nest Outfitters Guardian SL Bug Net
Eagles Nest Outfitters Guardian SL Bug Net is a good fit if you are a solo camper thinking about hammocking. Providing the best protection from mosquitoes and insects it is made of SkyWeave Lite no-see-um mesh. This is highly breathable making it a great fit for the hottest camping adventures.
Crafting the hammock bug net into a sock-style net, you can easily set it up. And with its internal adjusters, you can change it to a perfect fit by changing its arrangements even after bundled up. Thanks to its own compression stuff sack, you can easily pack it to travel. It is one of the lightest weighed best hammock bug nets on the list and in the market that is ideal to pack when camping alone.
- Price: $47.00
- Highly breathable SkyWeave Lite mesh
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Perfect fit with its internal adjustment system
- Ideal for solo campers and not matching with longer hammocks
- Comes with j-shaped zipper allows for easy access
- Very easy to set up and crafted with sock-style design
Are you a solo camper, check the best things to do while camping alone
Klymit Traverse Bug Net
Klymit Traverse Bug Net is a great option for hammock camping that is designed to keep all kinds of insects away. It comes with a magnetic closure system as a highlighting feature and its size is something a lot of people love. It is lightweight too and you can use the guidelines to increase its interior space as you need more comfort.
With most of the standard-sized hammocks, this bug net fits well. And it fits in well with the Traverse Shelter, an outdoor canopy. Both versatility and size come in a nice combination here with Klymit Traverse Bug Net for a slightly higher price. So if you want all these benefits, be ready to spend a little more on this quality item.
- Price: $79.95
- Magnetic closure system
- Can increase interior space with the guidelines
- Well fit with the Traverse Shelter, canopy outdoor
- Compatible with standard sized hammocks
- Highly versatile and compact
- Lightweight, no-see-um mesh
- Slightly pricier option in the market
Therm-a-Rest Slacker Hammock Bug Shelter
If you own a Slacker Hammock, this Therm-a-Rest Slacker Hammock Bug Shelter is the ideal option you should carry with you to enjoy your hammock camping free of mosquitoes and other insects. While other brands are not working with this bug net, this is only for Slacker Hammocks. Just install the bug shelter into the suspension points to enjoy bug-free nights.
This features a larger zipper opener making entry and exit easy. And its exposed webbing ridgeline keeps its setting easier while reinforced guy points make it pull the sides out easily to get more space. Helping with the setup and keep all creatures like mice, squirrels, etc away from you, it has no-see mesh at the bottom. It has everything essential as one of the best hammock bug nets in the market except for its limited compatibility with Therm-a-Rest hammocks.
- Price: $59.73
- Larger zipper to make entry and exit easy
- Exposed webbing ridgeline to easy set up
- No-see mesh, polyurethane-coated nylon at the bottom
- Can get extra space with reinforced guy points that allow the sides to pulled out
- Only compatible with Therm-a-Rest hammocks
Eagles Nest Outfitters Guardian Base Camp
If you are too conscious about more space together with extreme bug protection, this is the best bug nest to add to your camping gear list. This Eagles Nest Outfitters Guardian Base Camp is one of the largest options available in the market which is 111 inches x 57 inches x 50 inches in its dimensions. Thanks to its spacious structure, it is easy to move in and out of the hammock even staying inside the net. So if you camp with friends or family, this is really good thanks to its spacious build.
For Eagle’s Nest Outfitters hammocks, this fits well no matter the size of the hammock. So it is a great option for ENO users if you are ready to bear its extra weight. This is 360 degrees protection to your bug issues when hammocking and comes with highly fine No-See-Um netting. And making its value high, it comes with a waterproof, adjustable floor, full-length zipper for easy entry, and ridgeline to easily set up.
- Price: $60.00
- Very spacious with the highest bug protection
- 360 degrees protection
- Waterproof, adjustable floor
- Easy entry with full-length zipper
- Ridgeline to easy set up
- Highly-fine No-See-Um netting
- Extra-weighed product
- Compatible with all ENO hammocks
Outdoor Vitals Ultralight Hammock Bug Net
Just like the name itself sounds, this is an ultralight hammock bug net perfectly fitting on cutting the weight of your gear. This is a sock-style net for protection from mosquitoes and bugs built of fine 20D polyester mesh. And this also comes with DWR-treated parachute nylon fabric panels on the bottom and each end of the hammock making you stay dry in any weather. It can also trap in extra heat if the evenings are chilly.
Being lightweight and portable it also makes the setup easy. It comes with a mini ridgeline to attach with your tree straps making this compatible with any hammock model. However, with its sock-style build, getting in and out of the hammock is slightly difficult. Other than that, Outdoor Vitals Ultralight Hammock Bug Net is a very fine option you can go with for a good price.
- Price: $44.97
- Portable and extremely lightweight
- Weather protection with DWR-treated fabric
- Made to easily pitch
- Compatible with any hammock model in the market
- Sock-style net with complete protection from insects
- Mini ridgeline to attach with your tree straps
- Breathable mesh worth its price
Sea To Summit Hammock Bug Net
If you are looking for the best hammock bug nets for comfort, Sea To Summit Hammock Bug Net should come in the top-line. This is a highly recommended option for all-around outdoor adventures featuring a nice design with a foldable spreader pole in the place of a ridgeline. So it comes with more space for the highest comfort of the user with great opportunities to watch the view around.
This is also one of the best hammock bug nets that are easy to set up. And to keep critters away, this is made of premium no-see-um mesh. Thinking about the user comfort to the highest, it also features a side zipper for easier opening, making the hammock more comfortable. Even this comes under a pricier tag compared to some other options we recommend for cozier camping.
- Price: $69.95
- Very spacious and comfortable bug net
- 360-degree protection
- Wide zipper opens right-angle for easy access
- No ridgeline to interrupt stargazing
- Unique design with foldable spreader pole
- Made of premium no-see-um mesh
- Fairly pricey but quality product for highest bug protection
Foxelli XL Hammock Net
If you are a travel duo, Foxelli XL Hammock Net is a perfect option for double hammocks. This is built-in focusing comfort that works well with all casual outdoor ventures. This is longer and wider than most of the models in the market matching with a wide range of hammocks.
This hammock bug net includes a durable dual-sided zipper making it easy for you and your partner to get in and out. And thanks to its carry bag, you can take it easily wherever you go. But remember, this is a heavier model in the list being a fit for two. However, if you are a travel duo, this is good to take with you.
- Price: $24.97
- Perfect fit for double hammocks
- 360 degrees comfort and protection from bugs and mosquitoes
- Comes with extra-long 25 feet of ridgeline
- Durable dual-sided zipper to make in and out easier for two users
- Bigger and better with more space
- Comfortable and match with all hammocks (heavy for solo hammocks)
- Slightly heavier option
- Easy setup and portable
Love camping with your partner; check the best camping activities for couples
Cushy Camper Hammock Bug Net
Cushy Camper Hammock Bug Net is an innovative update in the best hammock bug nets market which is a mix of simple design, quality netting, and affordable pricing. This features ultra-fine polyester meshing which is durable and lightweight too. And thanks to the solid density of the netting, it protects insects around while securing the view.
Another benefit is its compatibility with all hammock sizes from different brands. In fact, it covers both regular and double hammocks. It has easy-to-manage, adjusters are ready to make length changes when the clinch-openings on the sides are going to seal the ends strongly. And with zippers on each side, the entry and exit are super easy and comfortable.
- Price: $24.95
- Innovative design and quality product with 360 degrees protection
- A simple design, quality netting, and very affordable price
- Features ultra-fine polyester meshing
- Durable and lightweight hammock bug net
- Compatible with both regular and double hammocks
- A well-ventilated design
- Comes with easy-to-manage adjusters
Best Hammock Bug Nets- what to look at when buying?
If your hammock does not support an integral bug net, you must look for the best one separately. Even this seems like a small piece of gear on your list; it takes a lot about protecting you from annoying bugs. So think about the following factors when choosing the best hammock bug nets.
Coverage of the hammock bug net
The coverage refers to the size of the hammock bug net which is important to make it effective for you. If it is too small, that is not an effective bug net as it should always go to your hammock dimensions. Also, think about how much headroom you need to stay comfortable.
As to the most experienced campers, choosing a hammock at least four feet longer than the camper’s height will bring the right comfort. Therefore, when buying the best hammock bug nets think about even larger options not to feel uncomfortable with it. In fact, your hammock bug net should not be tight around you. So it is about finding the perfect size for you.
Just like choosing too small is a mistake, too big can also be trouble, especially concerning the weight. Larger means heavier; which is not good for backpackers. So depending on your camping style, hammock size, choose the right bug net. And if you are a traveling couple, you should look for a bug net for a double hammock; larger and lengthier.
Mesh material of the hammock bug net
Bug nets can be built of various materials like polyethylene, cotton, polyester, or polypropylene. But when you look for the best hammock bug nets, you will find most of the products are using Nylon. No-see-um netting is the most common type of material for which the name has come after irritating noseeum bug appearance.
Here, no-see-um netting is made of Nylon together with Polyester. And different manufacturers use their individual terms for this construction like Dragonet no-see-um mesh in Kammok Dragonfly Hammock Bug Net.
If you are thinking about the strongest material for your netting system, it can simply be considered with the Nylon ratings. But higher weight does not always stand for higher quality.
Zipper location of the bug net
The zipper of the hammock bug net is a very important thing to consider which makes you easily in and out of the hammock net. In some models, this is the most annoying part which could make your hammock camping worse.
Fortunately, most of the hammock bug nets today are made for easier access and exit. So think of this as a priority when choosing the best hammock bug nets.
To enjoy time outdoors, you should think about protecting yourself from mosquitoes, bugs, and all insects. If your hammock has no in-built bug shield, think about a fine bug net that works for your hammock. Just like coverage, zipper, netting systems, think about a value option for its price.