When you are camping, ice packs come in handy to keep things cooler than just on ice. Simply, every good camping cooler should be supported with quality ice packs to keep your food and drinks cool enough. Think about a tiring day and chill out with a cold beer in the end! But what is good enough to fit your cooler? What will be the right size and how much are you willing to pay? Let’s look for the best ice packs for coolers.
- TOURIT Ice Packs
- YETI Ice Pack
- Arctic Ice Tundra Series Ice Pack
- Orion Frostbite Arctic Ice
- Fit & Fresh XL Coolers
- Engel Coolers Hard Shell Ice Pack
- Cooler Shock Freeze Packs
- Amazon Basics Reusable Flexible Soft Sided Ice Pack
- Arctic Ice Alaskan Series Cooler Pack
- Healthy Packers Cool Pack
- OICEPACK Ice Pack for Lunch Box
- Polar Tech Ice Brix Viscous Cold Pack
- KoldPacks 4-pack Reusable Can-Cooling Ice Packs
From hundreds of different options, we round up the best 13 ice packs for coolers to make your camping times cool enough. And they are found great considering, the right size for your cooler, long-lasting quality, and food safety.
Taking ice packs when camping can add more comfort to your experience but it is not easy to find the best with zero knowledge. So, we are here to make your job cooler. Go through all 13 best ice packs for coolers, learn the basics of each and find what fits you the best.
TOURIT Ice Packs
For shorter outdoor adventures with a small cooler, these TOURIST Ice Packs fit the best. It is a thin, convenient, and long-time usable option for smaller camping needs. Thanks to its fast freezing support you can in 8 to 10 hours, it is ready to use. As these are gel-filled ice packs, these stay cold longer than water-injected ice packs in the market. But being slim and small, these are only fitting for smaller coolers.
And it is available in 4 packs for a very affordable price with each 0.45lbs (204g) weight. With its thin and unique design, it saves space on the cooler, backpack, or lunch bag making it perfect for any need. As it is made of BPA-free non-toxic plastic, it is not harmful to food and can be sent even with your kids. This is a great replacement for ice cubes and will keep your food cold for longer.
- Price: $13.99- $30.99
- Lightweight and convenient to use
- Slim and unique design for small coolers
- Fast freezing in 8 to 10 hours
- Powerful cooling gel for long lasting cold
- Made of durable, BPA-free non-toxic plastic
- Different size packs and colors available
YETI Ice Pack
To end regular ice stories, YETI Ice Pack helps effectively coming in a performance-focused frame. This is truly made to stay cold for days fitting well on your smaller to longer camping journeys. It packs powerful cooling gel and its unique design will keep it from freezing.
This is made for maximum durability with a quality plastic build. And just with a few hours freezing it can stay cold for a longer period fitting well for any camping need. Unlike some other best ice packs for coolers, this comes in a higher price tag being a single ice pack. But considering the overall high-density polyethylene build and its durability, it is worth the money.
- Price: $14.98 – $29.98
- High-density polyethylene structure
- Custom shape helps freeze faster
- Packed with powerful cooling gel
- Highly durable and effectively reusable
- Well-fitting for longer camping trips as it stays cold for days
- A bit pricey as single ice pack
- Available in three size options
Arctic Ice Tundra Series Ice Pack
Quality production in the USA, the Arctic Ice Tundra series comes functional for your longer camping trips. These are well-fitting into a veritable freezer featuring a notable 5ºF (-15ºC) freezing point. So it absorbs heat and preserves food and drinks colder for an extended time.
These come in non-toxic plastic containers and their maximum surface area is beneficial. Thanks to its quality build, it can be reused up to 100,000 times with no complaints. Even if it is not that fast in freezing and takes about 24–36 hours to get solid, it will stay cold longer.
- Price: $10.95- $33.95
- Best for use in a large cooler or portable cooler
- Long lasting ice packs for extended camping trips
- Improved performance with wide surface area
- Built quality by the USA
- Features non-toxic, high performance phase change materials
- Low 5ºF (-15ºC) freezing point to keep food cold for longer
- Take long time to freeze than other models
- Available in different sizes
Orion Frostbite Arctic Ice
Orion Frostbite Arctic Ice packs are ideal for larger coolers with their large size and freezing point at 28ºF (2ºC). This extra-large build is from the USA ensuring its quality and long-time use. You can use these packs on bottoms and the sides to experience improved cold retention. And these are quick-freezing taking only 8 to 10 hours.
These ice packs are proportioned intended as an ice substitute. If you are thinking about the cold of this ice pack with the amount of ice, it is like 1 pound of these to replace 1 pound of normal ice. It is convenient to use with a slim design and effectively reusable for a long time.
- Price: $26.99- $34.99
- Rugged and reliable design to long-time use
- Low freezing point makes it good for shorter outdoor camping
- Quick freezing support
- Quality build and hard-use
- Slim build to easily layer in coolers
- Ice equivalent that is 1lb ice packs equals to 1lb regular ice
- Available in size options
Fit & Fresh XL Coolers
Fit & Fresh XL Coolers is large and cool enough just like the name itself sounds. Coming in at an affordable price tag it fits well for camping coolers. And thanks to its slim design you can pack more food in the cooler with minimum ice packs.
These are non-toxic; BPA-Free plastic ice packs that come in a set of two. So these are proven safe and healthy to store with food and at the same time support long time use once it is frozen taking a few hours. But we find it working well for short camping trips as it will stay cold for about a day.
- Price: $10.00
- Good design with extra-large fit
- Non-toxic, BPA-Free plastic ice packs
- Slim design saves the space of the cooler
- Quick freezing
- Perfect fit for short camping trips
- Very affordable pricing
- Quality build, durable and reusable for a long time
- Available in sizes
Engel Coolers Hard Shell Ice Pack
If you are looking for heavy-duty ice packs for your camping needs, Engel Coolers Hard Shell Ice Pack will fit the best. In fact, these are the best ice packs for coolers if you are considering their durability on top of all other facts. It supports 32ºF (0ºC) freezing point and will keep cold for days to keep your food and drinks preserved. So it is well-fitting for long camping days to keep your food fresh for longer.
This is constructed by non-toxic and non-hazardous extra-durable hard-sided plastic. Engel Coolers Hard Shell Ice Packs are filled with powerful cooling gel with support to stay cold longer making it your best companion when camping. Thanks to its good design, it can keep on the bottom and around the walls of the cooler even without taking much space. Even though it is a little expensive, it is worth buying for longer camping trips.
- Price: $53.93
- Extra durable build makes it good to use it frequently
- Well-fitting for long camping with its cold stay longer
- Made of non-toxic and non-hazardous extra durable hard-sided plastic
- Good design to save space on the cooler
- A little expensive product but worth for its price
- 32ºF (0ºC) freezing point that prevents food from freezing
- Maximum cold retention makes it ideal for longer trips
Cooler Shock Freeze Packs
Cooler Shock Freeze Packs bring the best cooling in compact packages under affordable pricing for all your camping needs. These are colder than ice at 18° F (-8° C) and will last for about 8 hours keeping your favorite food preserved. It packs water with a cooler shock formulated dry mix which is easy to fill using the funnel, shake, secure with the cap, and freeze till it gets ready. And this is only before the first use.
Unlike best ice packs for coolers with a hard shell finish, this is a soft pack built with a flexible, multiple layered aluminum and polyethylene cover. It will freeze within 12 hours and then can be used at any time you need. So work well for short camping trips. If you have longer plans, try a different size option for longer cold retention.
- Price: $27.95- $31.95
- Soft pack, flexible to use
- Lightweight and best cooling in compact packages
- Quick freezing
- Multiple layered aluminum and polyethylene exterior
- Fill water with cooler shock formulated dry mix
- Soft-sided build to save space inside the cooler
- Ideal for short camping trips
- Durable and reusable
- Available in size variants
Amazon Basics Reusable Flexible Soft Sided Ice Pack
If you are a fan of soft-sided ice packs, Amazon Basics Reusable ice pack is fitting as it is good on larger coolers, backpacks, lunch boxes, or any while easy to use for pains and aches. To make them durable and flexible, they are finished off with BPA-free vinyl covering. And as it is lightweight, it can easily be placed in any container for the best use.
You can have it in a pack of 4 for very affordable pricing. You can make it ready faster and it will keep cold for hours. For your short camping trips, these fit the best and they can be hand washed too with soap and water.
- Price: $7.23
- Durable and flexible with BPA-free vinyl casing
- Extremely affordable and good for short camping trips
- Lightweight and effectively reusable
- Use for coolers, bags, lunch boxes, storage cases, and more
- Soft sides makes it easy to pack without taking much space
- Quick freezing and stay cold for hours
- Can be hand washed
Arctic Ice Alaskan Series Cooler Pack
This non-toxic Arctic Ice Chillin’ Brew product comes in different sizes to match your ice pack cold needs. It is a perfect reusable ice pack that freezes at 28 degrees Fahrenheit and works best to keep beer and all beverages cold. Thanks to its different sizes, you can find the perfect fit for your cooler and good for a lunch box too. It features maximum surface area making faster cooling and can be used with ice in ice chests or coolers.
This is made by the USA and can be reused more than 100,000 times. And with only 6 to 8 hours freezing, it will keep your food and beverages cold all day long. Thanks to spin welded seals the panels will stay leak-free to use for a long time.
- Price: $11.59- $34.95
- Non-toxic and durable
- Extended surface area providing fast cooling and productivity
- Reusable more than 100,000 times
- Freezes at 28 degrees to give maximum cold
- Fast freezing and stay cold for about a whole day
- Available in different sizes to match with cooler needs
Healthy Packers Cool Pack
Made of 100% BPA-free, non-toxic materials, Healthy Packers cool pack is safe and durable. This quality guaranteed product comes as 4 or 8 pieces pack with slim, reusable gel ice packs. They are very slim making them perfect for lunch boxes and they stay 6 to 12 hours frozen.
Healthy Packers Cool Packs are super versatile and very affordable. With its unique design, it fits with your different cooling needs perfectly keeping your food fresh for a longer time. A variety of colors and sizes will make your choice better and will find a great fit for your small camping trips.
- Price: $20.99 (set of 8 pieces)
- Super versatile very affordable
- Made of 100% BPA free, non-toxic materials
- Fill if FDA-approved gel to cold retention
- Slim and lightweight to match with different cooler needs
- Quality guaranteed for long time use
- Available in different colors and 4 or 8 pieces packs
OICEPACK Ice Pack for Lunch Box
Like puzzles; try OICEPACK Ice Packs that are versatile enough to fit your cooling needs. This comes in a unique design as part of a jigsaw puzzle. In a 10 pack, you get 5-inch by 5-inch freezer squares. The squares can fit together like a puzzle with the ridges on their sides. So why not try to build a freezer box from these cool ice packs? The innovative design makes this one of the best ice packs for coolers with increased cooling capability.
Slim and lightweight design is good enough to use these ice packs for any coolers and also lunch boxes. And by confirming 100% BPA-free, non-toxic materials it is made of, it can be used safely for a long time. They are easy to freeze and cold stay for longer keeping your food and drinks fresh.
- Price: $12
- 10 pack as parts of jigsaw puzzle
- Innovative design, safe and durable
- Safe with 100% BPA-free, non-toxic materials
- Easy to freeze and keep cold for long time
- Lightweight, slim and portable
- Best for all cooling needs
Polar Tech Ice Brix Viscous Cold Pack
Polar Tech Ice Brix Viscous Cold Pack is a reusable moist-resistant ice pack option you can have for a very affordable price. Inside leak-proof plastic, it keeps cold longer and comes as an ice pack sold separately.
This viscous gel ice pack is made with non-toxic materials included in the FDA (GRAS) setting up. So this can be a safe substitute for your small camping trips to keep food and drink cold enough. Long fixed cold, ability to reuse, effective transfer of energy, budget-friendly, and custom imprinting are best features of this making it ideal for your short camping needs.
- Price: $12.17
- Bag style which is totally moist safe
- Reusable and high cold retention
- Made with non-toxic materials
- Budget friendly and durable in leak-proof plastic
- Support custom imprinting
- Ice pack sold individually
KoldPacks 4-pack Reusable Can-Cooling Ice Packs
Fitting around standard-size cans, KoldPacks 4-pack Reusable Can-Cooling Ice Packs come in handy to keep your beverages cool. You can buy this in a 4-pack featuring a unique design of curves to fit with 6 cans as 3 on each side. So using all 4 bars at once will cover 24 standard-size cans showing how worth buying it for your camping journey.
This is made of BPA-free plastic and is non-toxic. It keeps cold for about 24 hours but has to freeze overnight to get completely frozen. But remember that it is not dishwasher safe. Simply hand wash and do not put in the dishwasher as it could break them.
- Price: $23.00
- 4 Pack Soda Coolers worth for its price
- Fits standard aluminum size cans (24 cans once with 4 bars)
- Not safe on dishwasher
- BPA-free plastic and non-toxic
- Lightweight and durable
- Will stay cold for a complete day
Looking for the best ice packs for coolers- Buying Guide
Ice packs for your camping gear may sound simple. But they are really useful to keep your food and drinks fresh when outdoors. And they are involved in technology and many features on which you should pay attention before buying yours.
So here are key things to consider before you buy the best ice pack for coolers.
How long will the cold stay?
For this, we could not give an accurate estimation as this depends on the cooler you have and what you are planning outdoors. However, the rule comes as the ice packs with lower freezing points will stay cold for 2 to 3 days in a fine cooler. And there are some options with higher freezing temperatures to retain cold for 8 to 10 hours. They will fit the best for short outdoor adventures.
Together, the longevity of the ice packs will differ on the surface area, and quality of the cooler.
Size and shape at the top of the concerns
If you have enough space inside the cooler, you can go for a larger ice pack to last longer. Size and shape of the ice packs you choose really matter when thinking about how much space they are going to take in the cooler. But on the other way, a larger model can stay longer than a smaller one to keep your food and beverages fresh for a longer time.
By today, most of the options under best ice packs for coolers are coming in slim designs to easily fit on the bottom and the sides. But they will not be equal to regular ice in filling gaps. However, you can go for flexible options with the available cooler.
What should be the weight of your ice pack?
The weight of the ice pack differs on account of the size and the freezing agent. So first, think about your camping plans, type of camping, and your need for the best ice packs for coolers. On those, you can pick your ice pack that fits well your weight limit. If you choose a larger option, it will be heavier but will be better in cold retention.
At the same time consider how much regular ice your ice pack is going to replace. An ice pack only weighing a few pounds will be more effective in cooling than regular ice for the same weight. And most importantly, it will be easy to carry, no trouble-making, and will last longer than ice.
Hard vs soft outer casing of the best ice packs for coolers
There are ice packs for coolers with hard sides or soft sides. Both are useful in different ways and it is up to you to pick at the right time.
Those with soft ends are less expensive and lighter while not cold for longer. But these are easy to pack and work well in smaller coolers. But these are more likely to wound.
Hard-sided ones are heavier and pricier than soft-end options. At the same time, they can keep food and drinks colder for longer and will work well on larger coolers. But remember to pack wisely to save more space for food.
Ice pack materials and durability
We find both hard casing options made of plastic and some soft options made of nylon and foil. Comparably, the ones with hard casings are strong and durable even though they are not as flexible as softer ones. However, check whether your option is BPA-free to ensure it has no bad impact on health.
Safety at first
If your ice pack is labeled non-toxic it says it is safe for you. This is labeled to ensure your ice pack is free of poisons and will not cause health issues.
And if you find any product with the label of non-hazardous, it says the product is free from chemicals, liquids, solids, or gases that are a risk to your health and the environment. So think about a safe product that is totally environmentally friendly. Before you buy, read the content carefully.
How much are you willing to pay?
As to the general law, a higher price is about better quality. Some of the cheap ice packs for coolers will not work longer than expected making you double pay for more. Therefore, always choose the best ice packs for coolers that are the best fitting with your budget.
Best ice packs for coolers seem a needed addition to your gear to keep your food and beverages cold and fresh during your stay. So hope you found your solution here inside the 13 best options.