If you are in a hurry to go camping, going outside for overnight camping can be a fantastic experience for everyone. Any camper who has spent a night in a thunderstorm is well aware of one simple fact. We are sure you don’t need a leaky camping tent! But, unfortunately, every camping tent will ultimately need to be waterproofed. Best Tent Waterproofing Sprays come in handy in this situation. Here are the 11 best tent waterproofing sprays for camping.
- Kiwi Camp Dry Heavy Duty Water Repellent
- Nikwax Tent and Gear Solarproof Waterproofing Spray
- Scotchgard Heavy Duty Water Shield
- Atsko Silicone Water-Guard
- Gear Aid Tent Waterproofing Spray Kits
- Gear Aid Seam Grip TF Tent Fabric Sealer
- Sof Sole Tent Waterproofer Spray
- 303 Products Tent Fabric Guard
- Grangers Tent + Gear Repel
- Dry Guy Tent Waterproofing Spray
- Star Brite Waterproofing Spray
There are hundreds of tent waterproofing sprays to choose among, but which one is the right fit for your tent? That is what we are here to discover. We discovered dozens and dozens of tent waterproofing sprays to compile this list of the best, so you can be confident that you’ve chosen the best one for you.
Kiwi Camp Dry Heavy Duty Water Repellent
- Price: 23.50$
- Weight: 10.23 oz
- Dimensions: 27.5 x 80 x 27.5 inches
If you need a complete redo to waterproof something first, this product will provide a satisfying coat. The Kiwi Camp Dry Heavy Duty Water Repellent is an excellent camping waterproofing spray. It is the runner-up on this list.
Kiwi has a long history of making tent waterproofing, and the Camp Dry Water Repellent is an outstanding product for spraying down your tent to protect you from leaks. However, once applied, you should leave your tent outside for 4 to 24 hours because it will emit a chemical odor that isn’t very nice.
This silicone spray is fantastic because it can be used on everything, including tents, shoes, tarps, boat covers, and more. This is the tent sealant spray to get if you want to use it on almost all of your outdoor gear.
Kiwi Camp Dry Heavy Duty Water Repellent is one of the more long-lasting and effective sprays on this recommendation list. Water runs right off treated products and the waterproofing. The Kiwi Camp spray also has vast coverage.
Kiwi has a proprietary formula that helps it too tightly bond to leather and other types of fabric. This bond forms a strong water barrier while allowing materials to breathe. That means it’s ideal not only for tents but also for rain gear and boots.
Kiwi Camp Heavy Duty Water Repellent makes a strong barrier between your tent and the elements by using silicone. Despite this, the fabric can still breathe and is odor-free after usage.
Unfortunately, it is also not UV resistant, which means that even handled tents may fade in the sun. Nonetheless, it is an ideal pick for campers who require a product that can continuously protect them from the components.
- Versatile – can be used with a variety of fabrics.
- Worked with a variety of materials and objects.
- Waterproofing silicone with high performance
- This pack includes two cans, allowing you to waterproof all of your gear while keeping one as a backup. In addition, one can cover a large area.
- Simple to use.
- A one-of-a-kind formula for close-knit bonding.
- Works with a wide range of materials and objects.
- The mist applicator ensures an even layer and prevents any spray from dripping on the surface.
- This spray has excellent performance, which means that water is thrown right off your fabric.
Nikwax Tent and Gear Solarproof Waterproofing Spray
- Price: 18.25$
- Weight: 1 Pounds
- Dimensions: 2.6 x 2.7 x 9.4 inches
If you are looking for waterproof spray, not only waterproof but also UV protection, Nikwax tent and gear solar proof waterproofing spry is the best choice for you. Their waterproof tent spray prevents you dry and protects you from the sun’s UV rays. While it may seem counterintuitive, the excessive sun can be just as damaging to tent fabrics as excessive water.
It’s tough to see, but it’s one of the significant causes of wear and tear on your tent. To combat this, Nikwax incorporates UV-resistant additives into their waterproof spray to ensure that your shelter is protected from all elements.
UV rays degrade the overall strength of tent fabrics by breaking down the waterproof coating. Nikwax will retain your tent from fading as well as keep you from getting too much sun while you’re inside. Nikwax is also well-known for being an environmentally conscious company.
You can also choose between two sizes based on the size of your tent. This is a biodegradable water-based formula. It is less harmful to the environment because it contains no VOCs or PFCs.
The trigger spray needs more physical effort to waterproof your tent because you must hand pump it instead of an aerosol choice. Still, it is an excellent waterproofing agent for camping outside throughout rainy weather.
Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof spray is available in 17 or 34-fluid ounce bottles. Nikwax is best suited on synthetic fabrics and is less effective on natural materials, and depending on the age of your gear, you may need to apply multiple coats.
- This spray not only waterproofs but also protects your gear from the sun.
- There are no CFCs in this product, and it is biodegradable, making it better for the environment than other waterproof tent sprays.
- UV-blocking additives are present.
- There are two bottle sizes.
- Simple application – Nikwax cleans and waterproofs the material while removing dirt and grime.
- It is a green product.
- A bottle of this waterproofing spray will cover a seven-person tent with plenty left over.
- It will prevent fading of your fabric.
- It is more environmentally friendly because it is based on water.
- You have more control with a hand spray.
- This product is both safe and eco-friendly because it is water-based and biodegradable. In addition, it does not contain any PFCs, VOCs, optical brighteners, or fragrances.
Scotchgard Heavy Duty Water Shield
- Price: 5.44$
- Weight: 13 Ounces
- Dimensions: 2.59 x 2.59 x 8.59 inches
If you need a long-lasting waterproof barrier, the Scotchgard Heavy Duty Water Shield is a great replacement. Still, you’ll have to give up your eco-friendliness and allow time for a lingering chemical fragrance to pass before using your tent.
Why do we say above? Don’t worry, It is simple to use; simply spray it on. You only need one coat of this stuff, but it has a chemical odor that lingers, and you won’t want to camp in it. So it’s best to let it dry until the smell is completely gone.
Scotchguard is another noble brand that has been around for a long time. It’s a tried-and-true water-based formula that will retain your tent completely dry during a rainstorm. Scotchgard Heavy Duty Water Shield comes in the form of an aerosol can containing a liquid that will transform your material.
It is compatible with most synthetic fabrics, including GoreTex, and helps your shelter to breathe. When you implement it, it’s not moist or heavy, and it goes on in a pleasant, consistent waterproofing spray that completely covers the tent.
This spray can be used on almost any tent, from nylon to polyester, but it works on canvas tents. It’s also excellent for backpacks, umbrellas, outdoor furniture, and other items.
The two disadvantages of this product are that it does not function as well on natural fabrics and is not UV resistant. Some users have also reported problems with polymer blend fabrics, though these appear to be isolated incidents.
It is a heavy-duty shield manufactured by 3M to provide long-lasting protection for outdoor materials such as tents, boats, rain gear, or outdoor fabric upholstery.
This tent spray is available in a variety of sizes. You can use it on nylon, polyester, cotton, polypropylene, suede, and leather. It works best if you reapply Scotchgard’s Heavy Duty Water Shield at the start of every season.
- It is multi-purpose and treats a large area.
- It lasts for an entire season.
- Its low cost makes it an excellent choice for frequent campers.
- Because the coated fabric retains its breathability, there is no risk of inhaling hazardous chemicals.
- When applied, it is not sticky and allows the tent fabric to breathe.
- There should be no long-term odor – you may notice something for the first few hours, but the smell should be gone by then.
- Various sizes are available.
- Suitable for a wide range of fabrics.
- Even after application, it remains breathable.
- It is versatile in that it can be used to waterproof not only your tent but also your outdoor gear, backpacks, and the rest of your camping equipment.
- It is safe to use on most synthetic fabrics.
Atsko Silicone Water-Guard
- Price: 6.48$
- Weight: 10.5 Ounces
- Dimensions: 7.89 x 2.65 x 2.65 Inches
If you want something a little less expensive and more versatile, the Atsko Silicone Water-Guard is an excellent option. The Atsko Water-Guard silicon waterproofing spray is an excellent product that safeguards your tent from rain and the sun. Yeah, sure, it is one of the few brands on our list that provides both sun protection and protection from the elements.
The Atsko Silicone Water-Guard is a fantastic waterproofing spray for all of your camping equipment. It can be used on tents, rain flies, umbrellas, shoes, jackets, and many other items.
This silicone waterproofer for tents is particularly useful because it is breathable, which allows your gear to function better and more efficiently.
You didn’t have to worry about making a mess or outlining any mistakes because it dries clear. Not to notice that one can is sufficient to coat so many pairs of shoes or articles of clothing. This waterproofing spray is also ideal for those on a limited income.
For starters, unlike most other waterproofing sprays, this one does not have a strong odor. It also goes on clear, making it suitable for use on clothing and other delicate items.
It is water-based, so it is eco-friendly, and it protects the fabric while also allowing it to breathe. After applying this product, you can enjoy your tent in just a few minutes.
At first glance, this waterproofing spray appears to be similar to the Kiwi spray, but there are some significant differences. It isn’t wholly hassle-free to apply, and the spray feature can occasionally become clogged. You will need to be patient and use a steady hand when applying this product.
Alternatively, you may discover that entire sections are left unprotected, leaving you completely exposed to the elements. Furthermore, it has been reported that this product has an unpleasant odor immediately after application. If you want to avoid the smell, waterproofing should be done in an ample outdoor space.
- Treats a wide range of fabrics, including leather and suede.
- It is simple to apply to the entire surface area of your camping gear.
- Dries cleanly
- It does not have a strong odor like other waterproofing sprays.
- Waterproofing your gear requires only one layer of coating—no need for a second coat.
- Excellent for waterproofing shoes, tents, rain flies, umbrellas, jackets, and other items.
- There is no odor.
- One can coat a few garments of clothing, a car cover, or an entire tent.
- This shields you from the sun and rain
- It enables the fabric to breathe
- It’s good for the environment.
Gear Aid Tent Waterproofing Spray Kits
- Price: 9.95$
- Weight: 1 Ounce
- Dimensions: 7.89 x 2.65 x 2.65 Inches
Do you require a quick and reliable tent waterproofing option? Utilize Revivex Instant Water Repellent, a spray-on formula that forms a quick shield against wastewater and stains.
Gear Aid is a well-known company for establishing your camping gear. They sell a tent waterproofing spray kit that will assist you in doing so. Even though it is marketed as a tent water spray, it can also be used on most fabrics and maps.
Combine it with Seam Grip TF or Seam Grip FC to completely protect your tent. Then, select the tent “waterproofer” kit that is best for you. For example, seam Grip FC seals up to 60 linear ft of seams and cures in 2-4 hours, making it perfect for treating small and large family-size tents.
Seam Grip, TF fabric sealant, dries in 4 hours and can cover up to 85 square feet of tent floor or rainfly. Revivex Instant uses a different repellent, works on nylon, leather, GORE-TEX® fabric, and other water-resistant materials, from tents to boots. Moisture and discomfort inside tents will be a thing of the past with GEAR AID Tent Waterproofing Kits.
Gear Aid Tent Waterproofing Spray is quick-drying and applies easily with the help of an aerosol can. It is manufactured with silicone- and PFOA-free formula. In addition, the procedure improves the breathability and outcomes of your fabrics. Unfortunately, it is only available in a 5-ounce can.
- Free of silicone and PFOA.
- Apply this quick-drying waterproofing treatment to all types of insulated clothing and synthetic gear.
- Packaging may differ.
- Increase the breathability and performance of high-tech fabrics.
- There are numerous applications, including those on paper.
Gear Aid Seam Grip TF Tent Fabric Sealer
- Price: 6.48$
- Weight: 1 Ounce
- Dimensions: 7.89 x 2.65 x 2.65 Inches
If you’ve got very little extra time on your hands and need the most excellent waterproofing for a nylon tent, the Gear Aid Seam Grip TP Tent Fabric Sealer is for you. Put this in your shopping cart if you want the best tent waterproofing spray without taking up too much space. A solid all-around solution that will help to ensure that your seams do not leak water in your future camping life.
Gear Aid Seam Grip is deliberately developed to refresh the polyurethane coat on your tent fly or floor that has worn down over time. The GEAR AID Seam Grip TF Tent Fabric Sealer for Waterproofing is excellent for waterproofing your tent and other essential gear. It is simple to spread the sealer out into a thin layer that protects it from water with a foam spray.
This rain guard for tents isn’t a spray at all, but it does come with a sponge applicator that gives users access to it exactly where they need it. This makes it simple to use and ideal for spot touch-ups if a small space in your tent requires attention.
It dries clear and flexes perfectly with nylon, making it almost invisible. Gear Aid Seam Grip Tent Sealer is a wise option if you want things from regular sprays for gear waterproofing and significant, long-lasting coverage.
Although it’s a small bottle, it covers more than 85 ft2 of fabric – enough for most medium-sized tents. It’s also narrow enough to throw in your bag for on-the-go touch-ups and only requires four hours to cure, making it ideal for a camping trip.
- This tent fabric sealer can cover 85 square feet of material. One bottle is enough to waterproof a full tent.
- Extremely effective at restoring the top coat of a tent.
- This waterproofing tent spray leaves behind no sticky or grimy residue.
- The foam applicator makes it simple to apply the product without wasting any of it.
- This fabric sealer works wonders on tent floors, rain flies, tarps, and other items.
- The best part is that it dries clear. So you won’t be able to tell your tent has a coating on it.
- It provides good value for money.
- On nylon, it is flexible and nearly undetectable.
- Small enough to travel comfortably
Sof Sole Tent Waterproofer Spray
- Price: 14.99$
- Weight: 14.39 Ounce
- Dimensions: 8.25 x 2.55 x 2.55 inches
Sof Sole Tent Waterproofer Spray is designed for use on all types of outdoor fabric. It is used by all kinds of outdoor enthusiasts, from adventurers to backpackers, to maintain their equipment safe and dry. It is made with a silicone-based formula that contains 13% silicone for a long-lasting waterproof bond.
While in use, the silicone formula repels water, dirt, and oil, keeping your gear dry and looking so good. Heavy Duty Waterproofer is extremely important for stain resistance in hiking, outdoor, and work gear such as boots, tents, and more.
The Sof Sole Tent Waterproofer Spray technique is long-lasting and repels not only water but also dirt and oils. It is perfect for leathers such as hiking boots, tents, and other nylon or polyester-based gear.
Silicone is not suggested for these applications because it can discolor technical fibers such as gore-tex.
- 100% Null and imported
- Sole: synthetic
- The 12 percent silicone formula forms a long-lasting, waterproof bond that repels water, dirt, and oil.
- Versatile uses.
- Long-lasting formula that is durable.
- Dirt, oils, and water are all repelled.
- Aerosol cans allow for simple application.
303 Products Tent Fabric Guard
- Price: 24.95$
- Weight: 14.4 Ounce
- Dimensions: 10.3 x 4 x 1.5 inches
If your winter camping tent leaks on rainy nights, this spray bottle will quickly fix the issue. For those who want to safeguard their tent fabric from the elements, 303 Products has developed their version of a tent fabric guard. Based on how much material you want to cover with this spray, bottles ranging from 2 fluid ounces to 128 fluid ounces are available.
Like the Kiwi Camp product mentioned above, the Fabric Guard Spray restores lost durability by attaching a further layer of protection on top of it. Furthermore, it repels stains and retains your tent fresher for a longer period!
After implementation, this product repels water and prevents materials from staining. In addition, the coating is odorless and dries quickly. Tent Fabric Guard by 303 Products can be used on a wide range of upholstery types.
This fabric guard spray could be the solution for everyone seeking a single product to protect both their outdoor home and camping gear. This versatile, multi-purpose spray is suitable for use on a wide range of natural and synthetic fabrics. It’s also great for canvas, suede, and any outdoor upholstery.
Our only reservation is that it isn’t specifically designed for camping equipment. That does not always imply a problem. But it makes us wonder if the vendors truly understand what campers want in a waterproof spray.
- Protects against stains and water.
- Simple to use
- Versatile application on a variety of fabrics.
- Both moisture and stains are removed.
- A variety of sizes are available for purchase.
- Sunbrella (as well as other fabric manufacturers) recommends it for restoring water repellency.
- Made in the United States
Grangers Tent + Gear Repel
- Price: 17.50$
- Weight: 16.9 Ounce
- Dimensions: 2.68 x 2.68 x 9.06 inches
The Grangers Tent and Gear Repel is an excellent product that protects your gear from rain and moisture. It’s a more superior performance spray in a 1-liter bottle. Grangers Tent + Gear Repel is one of those great products that do the job well while remaining reasonably priced. Use it on all types of tents and outdoor equipment.
Granger’s Tent and Gear Repel are also effective and made of materials that can be found on boat covers and outdoor furniture. If you are unhappy with the product, they will refund your money addition,.In addition, it.
It is a water-based formula that contains no fluorocarbons or volatile organic compounds, making it a more eco-friendly product.
It advertises itself as a water repellent as well as a stain remover. This unusual combination will not only protect your shelter from the rain but will also maintain it from getting scuffed up in elements of nature! Grangers Tent + Gear Repel is also unique in that it can be used on both synthetic and natural fabrics.
Sadly, this product has a distinct odor and does not provide sun protection. The smell is said to be strongest immediately after the product is applied, so if you permit it to air out gently, you should be fine. Allow at least two hours for your tent to absorb the product and for the odor to dissipate before venturing out on the road.
- High-performance spray that is suitable for all fabrics.
- It is both a stain remover and a water repellent.
- Outdoor material can be used in a variety of ways.
- Eco-friendly formulation.
- It is incredibly cost-effective.
Dry Guy Tent Waterproofing Spray
- Price: 39$
- Weight: 1.1 Pounds
- Dimensions: 6.69 x 4.33 x 2.36 inches
DryGuy is a high-quality treatment for canvas tents that helps maintain waterproofing, prevent mold growth, and safeguard against harmful UV rays. Dry Guy Tent Waterproofing Spray does exactly what it says it does: it wants to keep you dry under the roof of your camping tent. It works best on outdoor gear and retains it breathable and functional.
This spray has a concentrated formula that is designed specifically for tent walls, zippers, and groundsheets. Because it goes on in a thicker concentration, be cautious of what else you use it on. It keeps the membrane’s breathability intact.
Simple to use and friendly to the environment. DryGuy safeguards your bell tent so that it can safeguard you. Dry Guy Waterproofing Spray is available in a 16-ounce hand spray bottle.
- Waterproofing liquid concentrate with a water base.
- The breathability of modern membrane textiles is preserved.
- A higher concentration provides more excellent protection.
- It keeps the membrane fabric’s breathability.
- Sunbrella performance fabrics are ideal for upholstery, awnings, shade, and marine applications.
- The concentration must be diluted three parts water to one part concentrate.
Star Brite Waterproofing Spray
- Price: 39$
- Weight: 1.1 Pounds
- Dimensions: 6.69 x 4.33 x 2.36 inches
The Star Brite Waterproofing Spray provides your tent with not just double but triple protection. The Star Brite Waterproofing Spray provides your tent with not just dual simultaneously but triple protection.
It claims to avoid leaks, protect against the sun, and repel stains simultaneously. That’s excellent value for money, and it’s also an efficient way to protect your camping equipment.
A 22oz spray bottle of Star Brite Waterproofing Spray should cover up to 80 sq ft of surface. Once more, this waterproof tent spray will not alter the feel, breathability, color, or quality of fabric in any way!
That’s a lot of fabric, which is ideal if you attempt to waterproof a more expansive tent. As with several tent waterproofing options on this recommendation list, a single coat is all that is required to provide adequate protection. Even so, nothing prevents you from implementing another if you want further water resistance.
You’d never guess the fabric had been handled with a water-resistant spray, even after various coats. It’s made in the United States, has thousands of 5-star reviews, and can be used on a wide range of different products/materials.
- Made in the United States
- Star Brite Waterproofing is also excellent for new fabric products/materials.
- It’s simple to use; simply spray the to-be-restored fabric and let it dry for 6 hours before using.
- Excellent value for money
- One coat is sufficient.
- Increases the lifespan of the treated fabric
- Excellent for both new and used items.
Best Tent Waterproofing Sprays For Camping – A buying guide.
What makes an excellent waterproofing spray for tent fabrics is essentially a matter of personal choice and what works for your style of living. When it comes to selecting the best waterproofing spray, three factors must be considered:
- Silicone vs. non-silicone
- It Offers Sun Protection or not
- Type of package
Don’t worry if this seems too complicated; I’ll break down the complex for you so you understand precisely which spray to choose and why.
Let’s get started, shall we?
Silicone vs. non-silicone
I’ll keep it simple: you should use silicone-based sprays. Even as waterproofing sprays brought in a variety of sizes and shapes, silicone is by far the most effective.
Silicone is used to seal bathtubs, sinks, and other areas where no water can leak along. Compared to PU or acrylic coating, it penetrates the tent fabric and will not peel off.
Several waterproofing sprays on the competition, like the Sof Sol Tent Waterproofer Spray, are made with silicone. Silicone does an excellent goal of protecting and repelling away the water from your camping tent fabric.
Silicone-based waterproofing sprays frequently contain a percentage of silicone, and the ideal volume depends on the application. Silicone can also affect the color of certain fabrics, so always do a spot test with these sprays.
It is also effective at preventing the effect of oils and other staining liquids. Overall, when it gets challenging, safe, and waterproof, silicone-based sprays are a no-brainer.
The disadvantage of silicone-based products is that they are not biodegradable and are incredibly harmful to the environment. If you want to help the environment, items like Grangers Tent + Gear Repel and Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof spray are better options.
It Offers Sun Protection or not.
A waterproofing spray will undoubtedly keep the rain out, but will it also protect you from the sun’s ultraviolet rays? The sun can disappear or weaken your tent over time, so many campers use a fabric waterproofing spray that acts as a water repellent and sunscreen on your excellent tent.
Many of the best sprays on the market offer UV protection, keeping your tent’s fabric safe in rain or shine! The best UV protection product is Nikwax Tent and Gear Solarproof Waterproofing Spray.
If you’re curious how to waterproof and protect a tent in rain or shine, easily clean it properly, and ensure all temporary seams are securely fastened.
Then, using a fluid, even coat, apply the waterproofing spray, paying close attention to any zipper sectors. If you have a waterproofing spray with sun protection, you can be confident that no parts will fade over time.
Type of package
Sprayable waterproofing spray bottle comes in only two different types of packaging:
- Aerosol sprayers.
- Hand sprayers.
A lid will cover the top of aerosol sprays. You remove this and then press the button to make it squirt from the nozzle. Because there are fewer mechanics in this type of bottle top, many sprays are aerosol, like the Kiwi Camp Dry Water Repellent and the Scotchgard Heavy Duty Water Shield.
Spray bottles function similarly to spritzers in that you must manually pull the trigger to release the spray. On the plus side, you have far more control over how much spray you use. The disadvantage is that you may end up spraying your tent unevenly.
Aerosol sprays are simple to use; simply press the button and spray. They also penetrate the fabric more effectively. However, on your excellent the downside, they are bad for the environment, and you may end up using a lot more spray than you intended.
Spray with your hand
These bottles help control the amount of product that comes out in one squirt, letting the layer be applied more evenly. 303 Products Tent Fabric Guard and Dry Guy Tent Waterproofing Spray are two examples of this type of bottle from the list of products.