You plan a lot to make your camping fun; then why sleep on a leaky air mattress? Choose the best camping mattress for you and your partner to spend quality time and good sleep too.
We bring you the 11 best camping mattresses for couples from hundreds of options. Take our word and find the best pick for you two.
- Lightspeed Outdoors 2 Person
- Enerplex Never Leak
- REI Kingdom Air Bed
- Etekcity Camping Air Mattress Queen Twin Airbed
- Coleman Mattress with Cot
- ALPS Mountaineering Vertex Air Bed
- Exped Megamat Self-Inflating Sleeping Pad
- Eureka! Rio Grande
- Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Camper Duo
- Coleman QuickBed Elite Queen
- REI Camp Dreamer Double Deluxe
Camping is the best medicine to stay fit in nature’s way. There are many fun camping activities for couples. But believe me, you need perfect sleep too. In this roundup, I write to you about the best camping mattresses for couples. Aim at highlighting the essential details like comfort, weight, durability, and special characters.
If you are in a hurry to know my pick from the best camping mattresses for couples, it is Lightspeed Outdoors 2 Person Mattress from my personal experience. It is comfortable and fits my budget. Let’s start from the top pick and see more options for you.
Lightspeed Outdoors 2 Person Air Mattress
Among the heavy bulky mattress options for two, Lightspeed Outdoors 2 Person Air Mattress is a good option with lightweight (less than 7 pounds in weight) and where you can comfortably sleep on.
It is PVC-free and brings no unpleasant plastic smell. It is durable and comes with a battery pump. This is a reasonably priced air mattress for two with everything you need for a camping night out.
- Size: 80.1 x 55.1 x 7.1 inches
- Weight: 5 pounds
- Pump: Included battery-operated pump and storage bag
- Mattress Material: PVC-free TPU material (no unpleasant plastic smell)
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Long-lasting TPU material
- Abrasion-resistant surface and Temperature stable
- Stabilizers to ease bounce and cause no disturbance when moving
- Easy to fill single cap valve
- Includes a battery pump (requires only 4 batteries)
- Not fitting/ sometimes not comfortable with two large persons
- The bed can get cold when the temperature goes down
Enerplex Never Leak
Kicking back and totally relaxing, the Enerplex Never Leak Camping mattress is a great option for camping couples. This is a luxury air mattress to make you feel the same comfort as your home bed. You can use it even outside your tent if you feel like sleeping under the stars. You can have the mattress in black and grey color options.
- Size: 80 x 60 x 9 inches (Queen)/ Twin
- Water-resistant level – Waterproof
- Mattress Material: Polyvinyl Chloride
- Offers extreme comfort
- Waterproof and luxury comfortable air mattress
- Maximum durability and firm
- Never-Leak Technology
- Customized coil beam technology
- Includes a high-speed pump -fills in under 90 seconds
- Fair price
- Features bulky sides
- Some complaint on fill valve with difficulties in the use
REI Kingdom Air Bed
The Queen-sized REI Kingdom Air Bed is a perfect way to sleep with your partner when you are out camping. It supports internal insulation to stay comfortable. Includes a manual air pump with a simple 1-way valve and will be leak-free. For packing and storing, it includes a stuff sack.
Among the best camping mattresses for couples, REI Kingdom Air Bed is considered a mid-range option. The cool is cool and fits well for cold nights. Big in size than usual queen size but still queen sheets fit.
- Size: Queen (79 x 56 x 6 inches)
- Weight: 5lbs-13oz (without pump)
- Pump: Manual Pump included
- REI quality and durable air bed
- Prevent air leaks and can comfortably sleep on
- Sufficient protection from cold and rough ground
- Bigger and more sleeping space for you two to comfortably sleep
- Reasonable insulation from ground temperature
- Manual air pump included with 1-way inflation valve
- Takes time for inflation with the manual air pump
Etekcity Camping Air Mattress Queen Twin Airbed
Etekcity Camping Air Mattress Queen Twin Airbed is another good option for you and your partner to comfortably sleep when you are outdoors. This offers 2 years warranty and by registering with the manufacturer, you can get an extra year to extend the warranty period.
The mattress supports up to 650 pounds and comes with a high firmness level. Made of thicker PVC and free of lead, phthalates, and cadmium. You can take this for camping many times with its high durability.
- Size: Twin and Queen (80 x 60 x 9 inches)
- Mattress Material: PVC
- Capacity: 650lb
- Pump: Included rechargeable pump (AC & DC Adapters included to recharge the pump)
- Made of thicker PVC and made of non-toxic material
- Built-in pump included
- 3 to 5 minutes to fully inflation
- Wave beam inner support bring more durability and stability
- 2 in 1 valve for quick inflation
- Perfect for temporary accommodations
- 100% waterproof
- Reasonable pricing
- Find troubles with re-inflation
- Some complaints on leaks
Coleman Mattress with Cot
If you want more comfort in sleep and like to sleep at a height of a normal beg, Coleman camping cot is a great option. This is a popular pick of camping mattresses for couples with quality and more favorable features. But it is on the high price side.
With its height, you can feel safe and this fits in both indoor and outdoor conditions. Coleman Mattress with Cot is good for some quality sleep for you and your partner.
- Size: Twin (74 x 23.5 x 47.2 inches) and Queen (59 x 22 x 78 inches)
- Weight: 29 lbs (twin air bed folding cot); 41.9 lbs (queen air bed folding cot); all involved 92.6 lbs
- Mattress Material: Nylon and includes Steel Frame Cot
- Pump: Battery operated pump -4 D Cells
- Airbed and cot are available separately
- 6 ft. elevation for comfortable sleep
- Long-lasting steel frame
- Airtight design
- 600 pounds of weight capacity
- Battery-powered pump and storage bag included
- Quite heavy and not easy to carry
- No batteries coming with the pump
- Moving makes noise and quite annoying
- High price tag
ALPS Mountaineering Vertex Air Bed
This is one of the top camping mattresses for couples who are exploring frequently. You can take ALPS Mountaineering Vertex Air Bed easily with you and it’s really fine for a comfortable sleep after an adventurous day. You can buy this with a rechargeable pump which you can power via car adapter, power wall outlet, or battery.
- Size: Queen (80 x 56 x 6 inches)
- Weight: 4 lbs
- Material: Polyester
- Pump: Includes a rechargeable pump
- Heavy-duty TPU material (PVC-free fabric)
- Coil system making solid and comfortable sleeping area
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Rechargeable pump to operate by three options (battery adapter and power wall outlet)
- Carry bag for storage and easy transport
- 500 pounds of weight capacity
- Features no charging indicator on the pump itself
- Low to the ground and can catch cold easily
Exped MegaMat Duo 10 Insulated Self-Inflating Sleeping Pad
This Exped MegaMat Duo 10 is a sleeping pad taking you apart from regular air mattresses to sleep comfortably in any situation. With its self-inflation feature, it easily inflates within minutes.
It is fairly expensive than other sleeping pads and mattresses for couples but will give a comfortable sleep experience. It comes with a 5-years warranty to address any flaws.
- Sizes: Double (77.6 x 52) / Regular (72 x 41), and both the sizes are of 3.9″ thick
- Weight: Double (9lbs – 14.7oz)/ Regular size (7lbs – 8oz)
- Pump: Self inflating and mini pump to assist (to adjust the firm level)
- Mattress Material: Polyester, Thermoplastic Polyurethane
- Good for all seasons to have a comfortable sleep
- Can keep your body warm
- Self-inflation and manual pumping to customize the firmness level
- Easy to pack and carry
- Durable and made of superior materials
- Package with carrying strap, mini pump, and the patch-up kit
- Higher price tag
- Pump in no expected quality
Eureka! Rio Grande Queen Air Bed
This is another comfortable air mattress with good features and the latest technology. It has good reviews from users but due to the high price tag, only a selected number of users are into the option; Eureka! Rio Grande Queen Air Bed.
The internal stabilization system absorbs movement and lets you sleep with no disturbances even if your partner rolls throughout the night. With the raised pillow, it is more comfortable to sleep on.
- Size: Queen (79 x 55 x 6 inches)
- Weight: 5lbs-3oz
- Mattress Material: TPU with a suede-like outer fabric (PVC free)
- Pump: Coming with a rechargeable pump (120V AC + 12V DC)
- Made for comfortable camping with latest technology
- PVC-free and made of soft fabric shell
- Features a raised pillow end making more comfortable to sleep
- Absorb movement with internal stabilization system
- Stealth-grip system
- Included rechargeable pump
- Reliable and easy to use in all camping situations
- High price tag
Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Camper Duo
Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Camper Duo is perfect for you and your partner for a comfortable sleep. Feature two independent chambers to feel extremely fitting for two. Easy to inflate and each NeoAir Pad can adjust as to preferred firmness. Fit well for backpacking couples and comes with a stuff sack and a repair kit.
- Size: Double (77 x 50 x 3 inches)
- Weight: 4lbs-2oz
- Pump: Not included a pump (should fill by mouth or can use a NeoAir Mini Pump)
- Mattress Material: 75 D polyester
- Good option for adventurous couples to sleep outdoors
- Features two independent chambers attached to each
- Can individually adjust the firmness
- Gap free, steady sleeping surface
- NeoAir construction offers steady support
- Synergy duo sheet and a sleeping bag
- Included Stuff sack and repair kit
- High price tag
Coleman QuickBed Elite Queen
To provide extreme comfort to you and your partner, Coleman QuickBed Elite Queen comes assuring quality and durability. It comes in a tall design at a very cheap price tag. Good for both indoor and outdoor with its perfect firmness level. Also, it comes with a carry bag for easy storage.
Throughout the year, you will not face any leak issues. With all favorable features, this is included among the best camping mattresses for couples by today.
- Size: Twin/ Queen (78 x 58 x 9.5 inches)
- Weight: 9.2 lbs
- Pump: Available with or without a pump
- Material: Synthetic
- Comes in a leak-free design
- Double-valve design for no leak issues
- Perfect firmness level
- Comes with a 4D built-in pump making easy to inflate
- Features ComfortStrong coil construction for superior comfort
- Cheap price tag
- Supports weight up to 600 lbs
- Comes in a bit bulky design
- Queen size is available in with or without pump, make sure you check before buy
REI Camp Dreamer Double Deluxe
This is a self-inflating camp bed fit well for 2. Work best for camping newly designed for REI. Just as the name sounds, it is a double deluxe fit for you and your partner well for a luxury sleep. Inflation is automatic and deflation too comes easy for packing up.
This REI Camp Dreamer Double Deluxe mattress is one of the best camping mattresses for couples. But it is highly expensive. Even though it is, people love it for all its useful specs.
- Size: Double (78 x 55 x 4 inches)
- Weight: 9lbs-5oz
- Pump: Self-inflating mattress, including a pump for top off to get maximum firmness
- Mattress Material: Polyester top fabric
- Quick self-inflating pad with a pump for top off to get better firmness
- High-flow flat TPR valves for easier inflation and deflation
- Lightweight and highly comfortable
- Leak-free design and high durability
- Maximized sleep area to sleep super comfortably
- Compression carry bag includes
- Comes with R-value of 6.6 to fit extreme cold conditions like winter camping too
- Highly expensive mattress
- Quite heavy to handle
What should you know when buying the best camping mattresses for couples?
Camping mattresses come in different styles. Choosing the best option is always a matter of your personal preferences. Each and every mattress meets certain purposes in their own way. But before you place the order make sure you are choosing the perfect one for your partner.
Under 11 best camping mattresses for couples, we talked about some features you should consider. So know well about what each of them means and how it can serve you.
- PVC free: Some campers are PVC sensitive. So you can try a PVC free option to avoid bad smells
- Self-inflating: Mattresses that are inflating themselves when the mattress is laid out flat and open the valves. But as this sometimes takes a long, you can alternatively pack a pump
- Mattress pump: Most of mattresses include pumps. They can either be manual or electric. And most of them are rechargeable types of pumps too. You just need to connect the tip with the valve on the mattress and leave it to get adequately firm
- Insulated air mattress: This is a nice feature you find in some air mattresses to sleep warm during cold nights. The extra padding is to keep you warm and shield you from cold nights
- R-value: This is connected to the insulation of the mattress aimed at seasonal comfort. With a high R-value upper from 5 to 9, you can handle winter temperatures. With 3 to 5, you can comfortably sleep in normal cold temperatures
- Mattresses and sleeping pads: You can choose one from both these options to sleep while camping. Mattresses are heavier and thicker while sleeping pads are lightweight and easier to carry. Sleeping pads are less thick than mattresses but are made of thermal technology to keep you warm and comfortable
Good views, good eats, and good times will remain worth it only if you have a good sleep. I hope you found your best fitting option from the latest roundup of the best camping mattresses for couples. So plan ahead for a romantic getaway.
It is your time to buy the best!